Accounts and Settings
If you cant cant access your account or if you forgot your password click on the Cant access your account? link on CLASS login page.
Clicking this link will send a reset link to your email with instructions on how to reset your password.
Note you cannot repeat the same password you previously used and passwords must be at least 8 characters (maximum 20 characters). It must contain a numeral, uppercase letter and a non-alphanumeric character (eg. !@%$).
If you are having issues with this please contact your Centre's Administrator before calling the Helpdesk.
Centre CLASS Administrators create user accounts, not the CLASS Helpdesk.
Each User must be assigned a Role - View Roles here ..... for more details on roles and their permissions.
No. Each User Account must have an individual email address, unique to CLASS.
We need unique email addresses to ensure CLASS is secure and access to CLASS is monitored and accountable. It also means that the 'Audit trail' is accurate.
The email address is required for access to login credentials and forgotten passwords. It will also receive 'Reminders' created in CLASS.
Creating individual emails for each volunteer at a CLC can be a burdensome and costly process so there are a few options:
- Create a new centre email for each volunteer via your IT support. You could create vol1@..., vol2@... etc so that the email can be re-assigned when volunteers leave. This may cost something, but might be useful if you wanted to use it for other purposes
- Use an existing personal email. This is easy, although you might have centre policies in place about personal emails and centre data
- Use a BBS account. NACLC can create a BBS account for each volunteer. These would be vol1, vol2, vol3 etc so they can be reassigned in the future. This is free for centres, however may require training for new users of the BBS.
- Create one generic CLC gmail account and use aliases. For example you could create firstname.lastname@example.org, and then in CLASS the email could be email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org and CLASS will read that as a unique email. This email would need to be monitored by a nominated staff person, or your CLASS Administrator, to distribute the login credentials as required as multiple users logging in will have access to other's credentials and might cause confusion. This is free and relatively easy.
Volunteers are set up with CLASS Accounts the same way as other Users. Understandably, volunteers may require a lower level of access so there is a template 'Volunteer' Role available. This can be amended on a Centre or individual basis as required.
All CLASS Users must have their own email address. The email address is used to retrieve CLASS login links and passwords, and receive CLASS Reminders, such as a court appearance or critical date. As most volunteers do not have their own Centre email address, there are a few options. Centres should make their own assessment of which option is most appropriate and taking centre policies and procedures into account. The options include:
- Use a personal email address
- Create a new centre email address for each volunteer such as email@example.com to be used by one volunteer at a time
- Create a generic Gmail account such as firstname.lastname@example.org and use aliases. This is a free option and requires a CLASS Administrator to manage the inbox and distribute CLASS usernames and passwords
For more assistance, contact the Helpdesk.
CLASS has been designed to work on many devices including desktop computers, tablets and smart phones. To begin with, CLASS will work best on desktop computers and laptops, both PC and Mac. Tablet and smart phone accessibility will be optimised in a later update to CLASS.
We alway recommend accessing CLASS through Google Chrome, as CLASS was optimised to work with this browser.
Access to CLASS will be initially set up for your centre's office/s. This is managed by the office's IP address.
Remote access to CLASS, such as from home, court or an outreach location, will also be available via VPN access. This can be set up for individual Users by the Helpdesk. Each Centre is responsible for monitoring remote use.
If you cannot access access CLASS from the office, please contact the Helpdesk.
Email the new IP Address to email@example.com.