The following report uses a number of geolocation fields to create a report you can use with external tools to create heat maps.
The follow example report came from a request to see the number of services in each SA 1 area, filtered down to only youth clients, with criminal law problem types, in a particular Commonwealth Electoral Division. You can change out the fields and filters as needed - the main purpose here is to showcase the geolocation fields in DIY reports.
- Open DIY Service Client template.
- Click 'save as' and give the report an appropriate name. Toggle 'save changes' on if you want the new report to save changes automatically. Click 'Save and close'.
- Once in the newly name report, open the field list by right clicking near the top and selecting field list, or use the column chooser in customise.
- Drag the following fields into the 'filter fields' section, one at a time:
- 'Law Type', 'Age Group at Time of Service', 'CED', 'Service Type'
- Drag the following field into the 'data items' section:
- 'No of Service'
- Drag the following field into the 'row fields' section:
- 'SA 1 Code'
- Set up the left hand side filter panel:
- Set a small date range (here we are using rolling date range 'this calendar week'),
- Set additional reporting dates (here we are using 'service open date' to catch unclosed representation services)
- Select all funding categories
- Toggle 'show custom fields' if you are using any relevant to this report (unlikely as they are mostly geolocation fields).
- Load report. You will of course get all your data for the relevant period. Now we need to filter the results:
- Using the filter icon on the relevant fields:
- 'Law Type' to criminal law, 'Age Group at Time of Service' to 0-17, 'CED' to whichever you want (Canberra in this case), 'Service Type' to filter out info/ referral/ triage services
- Expand the date range if needed.
- Load report.
- REMEMBER TO SAVE YOUR REPORT
- You can then use the sharing/ permissions button to share the report with relevant roles/ workers.
- You can export the report to load the data into an external tool to create a heat map of services. We will explain this in a new page once we have finished the documentation.
You can also arrange the fields so that the SA1 codes are columns, however then you would need a field in the row fields section - e.g. drag 'service type' down to row fields instead of filter fields section, as we see in the following screenshot: