Selecting "Postcode" as Administrative Boundary Type will give a list view of postcodes attached to services and clients in the selected period and funding categories. The figure in "Unknown" shows the number of services of clients that are either missing data or contains information that cannot be used to estimate selected administrative boundary.
Selecting "Local Government Area" as Administrative Boundary Type will give a list view of all the LGAs assigned to Services and Clients in the selected period. "Total Number of Clients" should match the number of "Total Clients" in C03 and S11.
The following should be considered when analysing this report
- New Clients
Sometimes New Clients can be higher than Total Number of Clients as seen below, which has perplexed some users.
New Clients can be higher than Total Number of Clients because included in New Clients count are those who received ongoing services, without a close date in the selected period. In summary:
- New Clients field returns the number of clients with their first Open Date within the time period you chose. This includes Ongoing Services with no Close Date.
- Total Number of Clients field returns the number of clients with a Reporting Date within the time period you chose. For Discrete Services this means their open date, and for Ongoing Services this would be their close date. This is an NPA requirement, as the NPA does not count a service delivered until an ongoing service has a close date.
- Ongoing Services / Close Date
Ongoing services are reported on using Close Date. This applies to all reports, unless stated otherwise. Ongoing services include Other Representation, Court/Tribunal, Dispute Resolution and Ongoing Non Legal Support.
- Discrete Services / Open Date
Discrete service are reported on using Date of Service (a.k.a. Open Date). This applies to all reports, unless stated otherwise. Discrete services include Legal Advice, Legal Task, Duty Lawyer, Facilitated Resolution Process and Information.
- Referrals can be made as a stand alone service or as part of another service, as seen in the screenshots below. This report counts each referral recorded on the service record, combining Simple and Facilitated Referrals. Future reports will distinguish between these types.
From a new intake, one can make referral as a standalone service.
One can also select a different service type, such as Legal Advice, and put down information for simple or facilitated referral performed as part of another service. For example, on a Legal Advice you may select 2 organisations in the Referral To (Simple) field, and 1 organisation in the Referral To (Facilitated) field. This is considered as 3 referrals.